August 27, 2010

Day 19

I'm posting photos today. I'm posting photos because when it's 105 degrees outside you do what any sane person would do. You head towards water. And I'm posting photos because for the 1st time all summer, I remembered my camera. And I'm posting photos because big fat smiles on my babies makes me happy.

Truthfully, I'm posting photos to keep my mind off the fact that tomorrow, my baby turns 4. And that makes her not my baby anymore. And occasionally, when she is talking back or copping an attitude, I want to shrink her. Because as the years pass, the memory of her tininess fades. I don't remember what it is like to cradle my infants. Borrowed infants from friends, sure. But my own? I'm forgetting.

So stare at these pictures with me. If you squint, can you still see their littleness?

Me, I just see giants. Very happy, very exhausted giants.
Where did my babies go?

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday, Claire!

p.s. I DID squint (cause I do everything you tell me to do). They look like giants, but they're still in carseats. Maybe that's why you can't let go of the carseats...hmmmm?

feather said...

happy birthday, claire!
i love that girl's attitude. so funny. we all slowly loose those memories, but just remember to savor the now. right now.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Claire Bear!! Do you guys have anything fun planned today or did you need a giant waterslide hauled out to your house? I'm just sayin......

Cannot believe she is 4!!!!! When I met her she was toddling around and little Carsyn was not even a thought in my mind!

Jen said...

Hope she has a fun birthday! I'm pretty sure you just explained why I never work on my photo albums. I can't take looking at the pictures, seeing how much he has changed already!

Brooke said...

What is with these kiddos??? Mine are doing the SAME thing! It is scary.... booooo...............

Michelle said...

Cute kids!