I'm not Amber.
Believe me, I wish I were, but I am not.
I am Andrea, but don't feel bad, it's easy to get us mixed-up:
our names both start with 'A' (but so do a lot of names)
we were in the same English class as high school freshmen (but so was everyone else in our grade)
we share a love of The Outsiders (I almost named my firstborn Ponyboy)
we have each, now, posted on this blog (highlight of my life!)
we both possess a rare and exotic beauty (okay, that might be stretching the truth, but that's how I like my truth: nice and stretchy)
Do you know that I didn't like Amber when I first met her? (Did YOU know that, Amber?)
It was the summer before our freshman year, and I had character judgment down to a science:
pretty = I don't like you. Squared.
It was a simple equation, and one that was probably unfair, but it worked for me.
I don't know when I started liking Amber. It was right around the time I first had a conversation with her, I think. I'm warning you now, that is all it takes with that girl! She's a wizard at making a person feel interesting and understood.
She was back then, and she still is today, almost 47 years later (or is it just 13? I'm tellin' ya, she's THAT good).
And she's still drop dead gorgeous, to boot.
What a brat.
*picture taken last October while Amber was here visiting. 'Nuf said.
3 comments:
Apparently she is pretty, AND she has a great metabolism because I keep hearing (and seeing) about how she eats all this junk food, but she doesn't seem to gain a pound!
I think my equation in high school was popular = I don't like you. I think I missed out on a lot of great friendships because of that.
Hi there! Your blog is adorable! I love your 'about me' and think you have great taste in music! I found you through Jen at Rants and Raves!
Ahhhh. . . .that was super sweet! And I liked those super sweets! My favorite thing about Amber is that every time I hang out with her, I feel like a kid again.
I guess I shouldn't be talking about you like you aren't here. Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment