Say it ain't so. This little thing just registered for kindergarten today. I suppose it's cause she's not so little anymore. My baby isn't a baby. My baby will be a kindergartner in a few short months. My baby is independent and doesn't need a mommy in the same capacity anymore.
Pause while I choke back the tears. And then freak out about the world eating her alive.
Because she is my last I wanted to savor her littleness, which was in direct conflict with her desire to be as mature as her sister. But at night as we get her all tucked in and she takes my hand, cups it with her chubby fingers and tucks it safely under her chin, I know her attempt to be wise beyond her years has been set aside. She wants to be my baby as much as I still need her to be.
Man this letting go stuff is hard.

3 comments:
I'm sad for you. I am already worried about Noah going to school...He is not even 2! I am going to have to do some major self work...let him grow up!
Ugh! Tanks for making me cry :( It goes so fast. Too fast. Cannot believe little Claire is going to be in Kindergarten and Carsyn in preschool!!
It IS hard. So, like most hard things, I refuse to do it. Poor Sylas. He's going to be a mamby-pamby, because I will treat him like my baby until I die. And if it means he has to put up with some teasing, so be it.
Post a Comment