Mommm, I can't find any clean socks.
Well did you look in your drawer?
Yes.
Did you look in the massive heap of unfolded laundry that has been sitting on our love seat for days rendering it useless?
I believe I am actually allergic to folding clothes. It's an honest and true physical ailment. Just thinking about it makes me twitch. For some reason my husband just ain't buying it.
So I just want to know: is it wrong of me to make my children sort through 5 loads of laundry in search of clean socks? Probably not any more wrong than seriously considering an offer from the dear neighbor girl to fold said loads for a $1 a pop. Would have actually hired her except for the fear that when pressed at the dinner table by her parents to explain her sudden windfall, she might just fess up to folding the Abercrombie's unmentionables. That's a call I don't want to get.
But I would pay a million bucks to anyone who invents a clothes folding machine. Of course you would have just invented a clothes folding machine, so my million would be chump change to you.
Speaking of laundry and machines, anyone remember the book The Marvelous Mud Washing Machine? "Washing machine, now wash. Washing machine, now wash! Washing machine. Washing machine. Washing machine, now wash!"
It was one of my favorite books growing up so I thought I'd hop on Amazon & order it for my girls. It's being sold for $575 new. Ay-yi-yi. I need to be writing children's books. I also need to be folding laundry but I digress.
9 comments:
I wonder if it is in the air? The hatred of folding laundry...I just folded 4 loads and have two more to go. I got tired of saying, "They are in the laundry room. They are in the laundry room. They are in the laundry room!" Tomorrow is a new day and the last two loads will be folded but then I have two more loads to wash. What?????? Ugggghhhhh!
I gave up and gave my kids the laundry basket of their clothes. I told them to take theirs out and put them away. They can fold or not fold as they please.
Dont worry. I have like 6 loads sitting upstairs. People came over today and I couldnt fit it all back in the baskets. So I threw a bunch of it back in the dryer lol. Sooo... whats your neighbor girls #? I may be giving her a call :) I love the way you write by the way. Very entertaining
I have a great laundry folder at my house....my husband! As long as he gets to sit in front of the tv and watch endless hours of basketball games or sports or any movie, he will just sit and fold whatever I put in front of him! And I am ok with that!!!
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude - right there with ya. Our master is a clean clothes disaster!
If I don't do all the laundry/folding in one day then it doesn't get done. The thing I hate more than folding is ironing so I generally have to fold/hang cloths immediately! Such is life . . .If we would have known being grown up was such hard work we probably wouldn't have been in such a hurry.
I still have two copies of the "Marvelous Mud Washing Machine", including the original one that Cho bought in Kindergarten. Also, sorry for passing on the "no-folding" gene to you.
I was going to say, why don't you just skip the folding part, and take it straight from the dryer to hang it up, but then I realized that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that is just ridiculously zealous and stupid. Who does that?! I mean really.
I'm all for getting your kids to do it, as soon as they are able. My husband is trying to figure out how old Dylan has to be to take out the trash, also.
Was that price a typo? Cause...WHAT?!
I don't fold clothes anymore. It is my children's chore. I never minded it terribly, but my life is so much more fulfilling now that I don't have to do it.
Post a Comment