April 24, 2011

Pinkalicious, Eggalicious, Sugarlicious and other Licious things

We did the typical Easter song and dance. Egg dying. Check. Fancy schmancy dresses. Check. A day full of friends and family. Check. Easter egg hunt? Check and check.

I took a few pictures to document the fun. I'm uploading half a ton of them below. A few things to note:

1. My children are currently in a pink phase. While pink does NOT dominate their wardrobe, it is currently the only thing they will let grace their little bodies. There is so much pink in the photos below it will make your eyes cross.

2. Bedtime was a joke last night. Perhaps the excitement of the Easter Bunny's pending arrival kept them up until almost 11, or their love of sheer disobedience as of late. Regardless, they went down late and woke up at the crack of dawn. Make a mental note of this.

3. They refused to wear their actual Easter dresses. Something about not being pink enough.

4. They refused to wear their actual Easter hair accessories. Something about they weren't pretty enough.

5. They refused to wear their actual Easter shoes. Something about it felt like summer so only flip flops would do.

6. They refused to let me do their hair. Something about being pains in the butts.

7. Regardless of how their outfits deviated from my original plan, they are still ridiculously adorable.

8. So much so that when, in an exhausted fit of rage, they came to blows in a knock down drag out fight while rolling around in the grass in their very pink Easter dresses I did what any responsible adult would do. I stood back with one of my girlfriends and laughed. A lot. It was like half-pint MMA. And I've never seen anything like it come from my typically non-violent daughters. I guess that's what happens when sugar-high meets lack of sleep.

9. The Easter egg hiders apparently forgot their small children are not 6 feet tall and do not possess skin thick enough to ward of cactus pricklies and thorn bushes. My bloody fingers thank you.

10. Without further ado, our Easter 2011:

 Pretty sure they've covered every last pink color/design combo ever invented.
 Because there were so few eggs (a bazillion) and so many kids fighting over them (4) Claire was in competition mode.
 


 The spectators were a lively bunch.
 What they will never know is the candy inside those eggs is the very same candy that filled the eggs of their 1st Easter eggs hunt the previous day. Crack open eggs. Steal candy. Refill new eggs. Repeat. Yeah, I'm cheap like that. Yes those are snowflakes from Christmas still dangling from our light fixture and yes that is a Valentine's Day table cloth. It's how we roll.
Cora's nest of baby chicks. The chicks: adorable. The Easter grass: worst invention ever.

3 comments:

Amy Hall said...

Pink...lots of it!
Love the picture of Cora spinning and blowing bubbles!
My favorite thing being that it was warm enough for flip flops AND jackets :).
Happy Easter!

Andrea said...

Yay for pictures of your girls, but double yay for pictures of YOU! That is a rarity, and it makes me miss you even more!

I agree. Easter grass is horrible. I didn't even use any this year. Mostly because I am still finding it every time I vacuum from LAST year.

Michelle said...

I forgot to tell you that my mom said she saw you and your girls at your moms retirement party. My mom just gushed about how cute your girls are!